Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
Quick and easy, this delicious homemade pizza casserole is a fun play on everyone’s favorite food.
- 16.3 ounces Grands! Southern Homestyle Biscuits (8 big biscuits)
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 2½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
Spread biscuit pieces in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
Pour ½ of the jar of pizza sauce and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning over biscuits. Then stir to thoroughly coat all the biscuit pieces with a bit of sauce.
Sprinkle about 1 cup of the cheese over the biscuit mixture and stir again to distribute evenly.
Pour the remaining pizza sauce over the biscuit mixture.
Top with the remaining cheese and pepperoni. You may not need or want to use all of it, but you can for an extra cheesy dish.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes (desired amount) and remaining ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over top of the casserole.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the biscuits have puffed and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- A pizza cutter sprayed with nonstick spray makes slicing the sticky dough much easier.
- Serve a slice of this casserole with a bowl of extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Sodium: 1187mgCalcium: 195mgVitamin C: 3mgVitamin A: 401IUSugar: 4gFiber: 1gPotassium: 329mgCholesterol: 42mgCalories: 370kcalSaturated Fat: 8gFat: 22gProtein: 14gCarbohydrates: 28gIron: 3mg