This tasty taco spaghetti is a tasty, kid-friendly and easy weeknight meal that’s made with seasoned ground beef, spaghetti, taco seasoning, and gooey, melted cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup yellow onions
- ¼ cup taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
Brown ground beef and onion in the skillet until the meat is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent.
Add the taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes (including juice), spaghetti noodles, and water.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle half of the cheese into the pan and stir to distribute the cooked spaghetti and cheese throughout the pan.
Top with remaining cheese and cilantro. Serve.
- It’s best to grate your own cheese rather than use the pre-grated version in the bag. That’s because it usually has a preservative coating on it which means it doesn’t melt as well.
- For an even quicker cooking time, ground beef can be cooked ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- You can always add your favorite taco toppings such as extra cheese, green onions and a dollop of sour cream.
Calories: 479kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 23gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 977mgPotassium: 412mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1259IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 176mgIron: 3mg