Homemade Christmas potpourri will fill your home with a lovely blend of citrus and warm spices as it simmers on the stove.
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks, crushed into large pieces
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (1½ cups)
- ½ tablespoon whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 cup water
Slice the orange into thick slices and crush the cinnamon into large pieces.
In a large pot over low heat on the stovetop, add all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Let simmer on low for as long as you’d like. Add more water to the pot as the water level drops.
- Please note, this is not a drinkable recipe and is to be used as potpourri only.
- This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker. Simply cook on low for as long as you’d like, adding water as the level drops.
- You can bring the potpourri to a boil, but be sure to turn the heat down as soon as it reaches this point. Let simmer for as long as you’d like to release the scent of the ingredients.
- If you wish to dry some of your potpourri ingredients, such as the cranberries, orange slices, or apples (if included), remove them from the mixture and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 150°F for about 30 minutes.
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 107mgPotassium: 667mgFiber: 26gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 618IUVitamin C: 143mgCalcium: 263mgIron: 2mg