This dessert dish is light and creamy and it’s simple to make with easy to follow instructions for each of the four layers.
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar·
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons divided
- 3.4 ounces instant butterscotch pudding
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips roughly chopped and divided
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Garnish with chopped butterscotch chips and chip crumbles cinnamon graham cracker crumbs You can also drizzle with butterscotch sauce (like you use for ice cream or make your own)
In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
Press the mixture into an 8x8 dish. Flatten the mixture using the bottom of a flat glass.Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl place, the softened cream cheese, powered sugar, vanilla extract and using a hand mixer combine until light and fluffy and no lumps. Set aside.
In a chilled medium mixing bowl place, the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer on high beat the cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
Gently add half the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula. Once combined spoon half of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture on top of graham cracker crust.
Set the other half of the mixture aside.
Place the 8x8 dish in the refrigerator while preparing the next step.
In the bowl with the remaining cream cheese/whipping cream mixture, add the butterscotch pudding, chopped butterscotch chips and heavy cream. Gently fold together until combined and solid in color.
Spoon the mixture on top of layer three in the8x8 dish and spread evenly. This layer will be quite thick.
Spread the Cool Whip on top of the 8x8 dish as the last layer
Garnish with remaining ¼ cup chopped butterscotch chips and drizzle with butterscotch sauce.
Chill at least one hour before serving. Ideally chill for 2 hours.
- The butterscotch layer of this is thicker than the other Delight recipes but still tastes good.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg