A layered, traditional, English dessert that is sure to please any dinner guest.
- 2 2.4 oz packages French vanilla flavored pudding mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 Store bought Angel Food Cake, from the bakery department cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 16 oz containers strawberries tops removed and sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 8 oz Cool Whip
In a large mixing bowl add dry pudding mix and whole milk. Using a whisk or hand mixer, beat together until no lumps remain. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate per package directions.
In a trifle bowl, add ½ of the Angel Food Cake pieces and evenly spread them out.
Add ½ of the chilled French vanilla pudding over the top of the cake pieces and evenly spread it out with a rubber spatula.
Add ⅓ of each berry on top of the French vanilla pudding
Add ½ of the cool whip to the top of the berries
Repeat the layers (cake, French vanilla pudding, berries, cool whip).
Add the remaining ⅓ berries to the top of the trifle.
- I do not recommend using frozen fruit for this recipe. As it thaws it will soak into the Angel Food Cake, turning it into mush.
- You can use a variety of instant jello flavor pudding flavors. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Coconut Cream
- Banana Cream
- French Vanilla
- If you’d prefer making an Angel Food Cake you can buy a box mix from the store. You will need either a tube pan, or three 8.5 inch loaf pans for it to cook in. I recommend placing a baking sheet on the bottom shelf to prevent a mess if it overflows.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1mg