Chicken and Rice (One Pot)
Moist chicken, white wine, rice, and spices combine to create this easy one pot chicken and rice recipe for a flavorful and simple meal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Place a heavy soup pot on the stove and turn it to medium heat.
Add the olive oil and butter to the pot.
Once the butter is melted, add grated carrots, diced onion, minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Saute until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken to the pot. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir occasionally so that chicken browns on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Turn the heat to high and add 1 cup of white wine. Cook until most of the wine has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Add the hot chicken broth, then stir in the rice. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to low until the rice is fully cooked. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Add the chopped parsley and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Keep covered to remain warm if you are not serving it right away.
- For additional flavor, try adding Italian seasoning and/or basil to the recipe.
- You could use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken you pick up at the grocery store instead of raw chicken for a great way to reduce prep time.
- If you are using leftover chicken instead of raw, you can skip to Step Five.
Calories: 454kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 31gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1394mgPotassium: 711mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3339IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 119mgIron: 1mg