Sweet Peach Iced Tea
This refreshing sweet peach iced tea can be enjoyed year round by using frozen or fresh peaches, honey, and sugar to create a sweet peach syrup to pair with delicious iced tea.
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 family-size tea bag (or 3 regular-size bags)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches, thawed and pureed (or 2 cups fresh peaches peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups frozen peaches, for serving (do not thaw, if using fresh, slice the peaches, lay them on a parchment-lined pan, and freeze until ready to serve)
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
Remove water from heat, add the tea bag, and steep for 5 minutes.
Pour tea into a 2-quart pitcher. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, honey, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Add pureed peaches and return to a low boil. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Pour syrup through a mesh sieve held over a small bowl. Press on the peaches to squeeze out as much of the juice as possible. Discard the peach pulp.
Peach Iced Tea
Add the syrup to the peach tea, taste-testing as you go until it reaches the desired sweetness.
To serve, divide the frozen peaches between 4 glasses, add ice, and pour tea over the peaches and ice.
Store any unused peach syrup in the refrigerator.
- Adding 1 to 2 cups of syrup to the 4 cups, or 1 quart, of tea yields a pleasantly sweet range, depending upon your taste. Should you wish to add the syrup to a single serving of 8 ounces of tea, add 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup of the syrup.
- The amount of time you steep your tea depends on how strong you like it. Let it steep longer for a stronger tea.
- If you have a French press, you could brew your tea in the press and when it comes time to strain tea leaves, or if your tea bags burst, you can push the plunger down to strain the tea leaves.
- Don’t be tempted to add the fruit to the pitcher but keep it in the glass bowl. Otherwise, the fruit will start to break down and make the tea cloudy and a bit mushy.
Calories: 398kcalCarbohydrates: 105gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 18mgPotassium: 326mgFiber: 2gSugar: 103gVitamin A: 502IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg