Roasted vegetables are an easy side dish made with simple ingredients that go with many different main meals.
- 2 cups baby potatoes cut into halves or quarters
- 2 cups carrots cut into small chunks
- 2 cups sweet potatoes cut into small chunks
- 2 cups brussels sprouts cut into halves
- 2 cups asparagus each piece cut into thirds
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 1 cup red onion chopped into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves dehydrated
- 1 tablespoon parsley dehydrated
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Wash and chop all vegetables then place into large bowl.
Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over top of the vegetables.
Add all spices into the large bowl then toss to mix and evenly coat all vegetables.
Spread vegetables onto parchment lined baking sheets. All vegetables should be in a flat single layer so they all roast evenly. You’ll find some olive oil still in the bowl so use a spatula to scrap out the remaining oil and spices mixture and pour over vegetables.
Place both baking trays into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven to stir vegetables around (placing back into a flat single layer) and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve while hot.
TIP: Some vegetables cook faster than others, so you’ll want the slower cooking vegetables to be in smaller pieces than the faster-cooking vegetables. Slow-cooking vegetables are potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts. Fast cooking vegetables are bell peppers, asparagus, and onions.
TIP: Ensure the vegetables are in a single layer to ensure even roasting.
TIP: The edges of the baking sheet tends to cook hotter than the center, plus if you don’t toss they may brown too much on the bottom.
Sodium: 265mgCalcium: 87mgVitamin C: 109mgVitamin A: 14651IUSugar: 8gFiber: 8gPotassium: 933mgCalories: 319kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 19gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 36gIron: 3mg