Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
A party spread favorite, these buffalo chicken pinwheels have just the right blend of heat and creamy textures, all wrapped up in a bite-size snack.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 5 large flour tortillas
In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, blue cheese, salt, garlic powder, Colby-Jack cheese, and green onions. Using a hand mixer, mix until well blended and no cream cheese chunks remain.
Add the shredded chicken to the buffalo mixture and stir well with a large spoon. Coat all chicken with the buffalo mixture.
Spread about ¾ cup of the buffalo chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Roll up tightly, trying not to shift the buffalo chicken mixture too much.
Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and use a sharp knife to cut into slices. Discard the end pieces.
- Regular oven-baked chicken that has been shredded also works great for this recipe.
- Make sure to chop all of your ingredients to be the same size so that the mixture looks uniform.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with any lumps in your mixture.
- Use a cocktail stick or toothpick to keep each Buffalo chicken tortilla roll up from unrolling.
- Don’t skip the chilling step as it will be much easier to slice the tortillas once they have chilled for a couple of hours.
Calories: 124kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 9gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 420mgPotassium: 39mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 208IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1mg