A summer staple, this delicious cucumber salad is a simple, quick, and classic side dish packed with fresh ingredients for any get-together.
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Slice cucumbers into thin slices. Slice the red onion in thin half circles. Combine in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Miracle Whip, honey, garlic, and dill to make the sauce.
Salt and pepper the vegetables to your liking.
Pour the dressing over the sliced vegetables. Toss to coat.
Add the chopped parsley.
Place the salad bowl in the fridge to chill before serving.
- If you are using regular cucumbers rather than English cucumbers, you may want to peel the skin as they tend to be tougher than English cucumber skins.
- Slice cucumber thinly for a more delicate salad, or thick slices for more of a crunch with each bite.
Sodium: 46mgCalcium: 24mgVitamin C: 5mgVitamin A: 170IUSugar: 7gFiber: 1gPotassium: 192mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 107kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 7gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 1mg