Caramel Apple Dump Cake
With layers of rich caramel, cinnamon, and apple pie filling, this caramel apple dump cake is easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
- 40 ounces apple pie filling, (2 (20-ounce) cans)
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ bag Werther's Original Chewy Caramels, (10.8-ounce bag), cut in half
- 1 box super moist butter yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup salted butter, cut into 15 squares
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Dump both cans of apple pie filling into the baking dish. Sprinkle allspice and cinnamon over the apples. Stir to mix. Smooth with a spatula.
Cut ½ of the bag of caramels in half. Sprinkle them over the top of the apples.
Top with dry cake mix. Smooth with a spatula.
Evenly add cold butter pieces to the top of the cake.
Place in the oven and let bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Rotate pan half way through cooking. The cake is done when the sides of the cake are bubbling and it is golden brown on top.
- When buying the cake mix, it is best to pick one that doesn’t have pudding mix in it; check the label to make sure.
- I make this in a 9×13 cake pan. You could halve the recipe and make it in an 8×8 baking pan as well if you’d rather.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your cake as the suggested baking time approaches.
- Because dump cakes are so gooey and moist, it can be hard to determine if they’re done. It’s normal to see some wet spots and some spots that are more crisp and done. The fruit mixture should be bubbly around the edges of the pan when it’s finished baking.
Calories: 396kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 475mgPotassium: 90mgFiber: 1gSugar: 39gVitamin A: 382IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 113mgIron: 1mg