Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
This deep-fried Oreos recipe makes it easy to get that warm, gooey, fair favorite dessert with simple ingredients.
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 package "Double Stuf" Oreos
- 1½ cups Bisquick
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven to 350°F. Test the temperature—if it is too hot your Oreos will burn!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Add the Bisquick mix and whisk until no lumps remain.
Using a large spoon, dip an Oreo into the batter and turn over to ensure it is fully coated. Then, scoop up the Oreo and a spoonful of pancake batter.
Slowly put the batter-covered Oreo into the oil. As you are lowering the spoon into the oil, turn it over so that the Oreo is on the bottom and the extra batter ends up on the top.
Cook the Oreo for about 30 to 60 seconds (depending on how hot your oil is), or until the Oreo has turned golden brown.
Remove the fried Oreos to a paper-lined plate. Then, sprinkle them with powdered sugar and serve immediately while the creme filling is still hot.
- It is important to make sure you have enough oil to submerge the Oreos.
- While you can use a fork inserted into the Oreo, this method of using a spoon allows for a more even coating and less breakage, resulting in a fully enclosed and puffy dough around the cookie.
- As you are frying up your Oreos, be sure to pick out any pieces of dough that have fallen off into the oil. They will burn and make the Oreos taste burnt.
Calories: 361kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 2gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 137mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 21IUCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg