White Bean Chicken Chili
This white bean chicken chili is quick and easy to make from scratch. Simple ingredients simmer together in less than half an hour to make it the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced, with or without seeds
- 8 ounce fire-roasted green chilies diced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 30 ounce white beans drained and rinsed
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to your liking
- pinch celery salt
- squeeze lime juice from half of a lime
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, when the onions are soft add the minced jalapenos and stir for about 1 minute.
Add green chilis with 1 cup chicken broth and 2 cups chicken to the pot. Stir until the chicken is warmed. Pour in the remaining chicken broth and water, then add white beans.
Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of celery salt Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve in bowls and top with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 966mg | Potassium: 944mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 6mg