Grilled Ham and Cheese
Hearty and delicious, this quick, homemade classic grilled ham and cheese is the best recipe around.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Spread mayonnaise on one slice and Dijon mustard on the other slice of bread.
Layer the ham and cheese, ham on one side, cheese on the other piece of bread.
Place the two pieces of bread together for the sandwich.
Spread the butter on the outside of one side of the sandwich and place it butter side down onto the grill pan or skillet.
While the sandwich is on the grill pan, butter the unbuttered side that is facing you now.
On medium to medium-high heat, grill the sandwich until golden brown on both sides.
- The entire grilled sandwich can be made ahead of time, it just needs to be heated up when you are ready to serve it.
- The butter creates an awesome, golden crust and the best crispiness so don’t skimp on it!
- You could also skip the stovetop grill, pan, or cast-iron skillet and use a panini press as well.
Sodium: 1310mgCalcium: 342mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 698IUSugar: 3gFiber: 4gPotassium: 338mgCholesterol: 101mgCalories: 548kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 18gFat: 37gProtein: 27gCarbohydrates: 25gIron: 2mg