Coconut Poke Cake
This delicious coconut poke cake is a coconut lover's dream that's easy to make and is filled with incredible flavors and the perfect texture to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 15 ounces cream of coconut
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
Make cake batter according to the directions on the cake mix package.
Add 1 cup of shredded coconut to the cake mix, then stir together.
Bake the cake mix according to box directions.
Remove from the oven and while it's still warm, use a large meat fork or wooden spoon to poke holes evenly throughout the cake.
Pour the cream of coconut across the cake, so it seeps down into the holes. Allow cake to cool.
Mix the remaining cup of shredded coconut with the 16 ounces of Cool Whip and use to frost the cake.
- Make sure you buy cream of coconut and not coconut milk. Cream of coconut is thicker and richer than coconut milk and is the sweetened version of coconut cream! You can usually find the cream of coconut in the alcohol aisle of the grocery store near the margarita mixes.
- It’s best to make the holes in the cake while it is still slightly warm because as it cools, the crust on top of the cake will crumble more easily.
- When you’re pouring the cream into the holes, tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and make sure the cream fills the holes completely.
Calories: 554kcalCarbohydrates: 96gProtein: 4gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 482mgPotassium: 145mgFiber: 4gSugar: 66gVitamin A: 88IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 178mgIron: 2mg