Cauliflower Fried Rice
Our family loves this flavorful cauliflower fried rice dish - perfect as a main dish or side!
- 15 ounces riced cauliflower
- 10 ounces frozen vegetables
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
Heat your oil in a pan until it's warm and simmering, then add your cauliflower rice and mix. Spread into an even layer and let cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir and let continue cooking for 5 to 6 more minutes until moisture is gone.
Add your veggies and cook through, then make a well in the middle of the pan and add the eggs.
Scramble the eggs as they cook, then mix them into the rest of the dish. Add your seasonings and give it another stir.
Top with soy sauce before serving.
- You can’t boil cauliflower rice like you would normal rice. In a cold dish like a salad, you don’t even need to cook it at all. For other dishes, it works best to quickly sauté it.
- Don’t sauté it for too long. This will make your cauliflower rice soggy, and nobody wants that.
- Don’t use too much soy sauce. Since cauliflower rice is not a grain, it doesn’t absorb liquids the same way rice does. If you use too much sauce or dressing, it’ll just pool at the bottom. Start with less and work your way up.
Sodium: 1034mgCalcium: 54mgVitamin C: 39mgVitamin A: 2637IUSugar: 2gFiber: 3gPotassium: 399mgCholesterol: 164mgCalories: 160kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 9gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 2mg