Optional Homemade Caramel Drizzle
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
TIP: Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin purée and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, and brown sugar.
- Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, simmer about 8 minutes, still stirring.
- Remove from heat then add vanilla and butter.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes before drizzling over the pumpkin banana bread.
TIP: This delicious recipe freezes really well. Make a double batch and freeze the second loaf for later.
TIP: You can buy loaf pan parchment liners to make lining your pans quick and easy.