Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
This delicious, classic cookie recipe is a snap to make and smells heavenly with the cinnamon sugar coating.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
chilling 1 hour
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- Cinnamon sugar mixture consisting of 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon
With an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed about 3 minutes.
Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
Roll out 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough (approximately 25 cookies) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet.
Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and set out 2″ apart on the baking sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are browned and crisp, but center is still pale and puffy. They will wrinkle as they cool.