This spicy taco coleslaw has so much flavor and is just the thing to serve as a side dish or even in a tortilla with your favorite taco fillings.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces fresh coleslaw, blend (shredded cabbage & shredded carrots)
- 20.16 ounces frozen southwestern style corn mix, thawed (1 to 2 tablespoons reserved for optional garnish)
- ⅓ cup green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- additional sprinkle of chopped green onions chopped cilantro, and southwest-style corn (optional garnish)
In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh lime juice, taco seasoning, minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, add the bag of fresh coleslaw mix, thawed southwestern-style corn mix, chopped green onions, and chopped fresh cilantro.
To the large mixing bowl with the coleslaw ingredients, add the taco dressing and mix to completely coat all the coleslaw with the dressing.
Transfer to a large serving bowl and top with the optional garnish of chopped green onions, cilantro, and southwest-style corn mix.
- You will find the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, usually in small cans, in the Latin food section of your grocery store. There are multiple peppers inside each can. You can transfer the additional chipotle peppers in the sauce that you don't use in the Mexican slaw into a freezer-safe container and store it in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 month.
- If you love this taco slaw recipe and plan to make it often, you can mix up a double batch of the dressing and store the extras in a mason jar in the fridge for later.
- These chipotle peppers are very hot. I find that one pepper is plenty to add a nice amount of heat to the coleslaw without being too hot. However, if you really enjoy spice, you can feel free to add more of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to your dressing.
Calories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 8gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 1310mgPotassium: 367mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 590IUVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 257mgIron: 4mg