Crockpot Crack Chicken and Rice
With a classic ranch flavor, this crockpot crack chicken and rice is full of all our favorites including melted cheese, cream cheese, and bacon for a dish that will have you hooked from the first bite.
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts (4 medium breasts), or chicken tenderloins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 26 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⅔ cups half and half
- 1¼ cups long grain white rice
- 2 ounces dry ranch dressing mix (two 1-ounce packets)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound smoked bacon, cooked, crumbled (divided into 1 cup and ½ cup)
- 1½ cups Colby-Jack shredded cheese
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, optional garnish
Generously spray a 6 to 7-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Lay the chicken breast in the bottom of the prepared slow cooker.
Top the chicken breast with the cubed cream cheese.
Add the cream of chicken soup, half and half, rice, ranch dressing mix, black pepper, 1 cup of bacon and 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese to a large mixing bowl. Stir well to completely combine.
Spread the soup mixture over the chicken breast and cream cheese. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Once the dish has reached the end of the cooking cycle, remove the chicken breast. Using either tongs or 2 forks, shred the cooked chicken breast. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Stir to incorporate the shredded chicken breast into the soup and rice mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the chicken and rice. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of crumbled bacon on top of the cheese. Replace the lid and allow the cheese to melt, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the thin sliced green onions and serve.
- We’d recommend grating your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese tends to be coated with a preservative that prevents it from melting well.
- I always rinse my rice before cooking. It helps to remove any excess starch.
- You can leave the chicken in the slow cooker when shredding, but removing the chicken breasts helps ensure that the pieces of shredded chicken are somewhat uniform in size.
Calories: 935kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 51gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 30gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 1612mgPotassium: 777mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1335IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 483mgIron: 2mg