Ultimate Chicken Casserole with Noodles
Packed full of simple ingredients, this ultimate chicken casserole is a creamy and cheesy classic comfort food recipe that will be a huge hit with the casserole-loving families out there.
- 26 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 2½ cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (½ cup)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups french fried onions
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set it aside.
Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and the half-and-half until smooth.
Add in the shredded chicken, egg noodles, corn, shredded cheese, onion, bacon, kosher salt and cracked pepper. Stir until well combined.
Pour the casserole into the prepared baking dish.
Evenly sprinkle the french fried onions over the casserole.
Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- You can use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store in this recipe. This is a great time saver.
- You can make the casserole the night before. Store covered in the refrigerator, and do not add the French fried onions until right before baking.
Calories: 498kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 22gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1474mgPotassium: 446mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 501IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 2mg