Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups
Tasty chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes, and spices are the stars in these fun chicken tortilla roll-ups.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced (green parts)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced (I used rotisserie meat, diced very small)
- 10 ounces Rotel, loosely drained, a bit of the juice is fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons jalapeño, finely diced with seeds and core removed (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito-size
In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to beat together cream cheese, sour cream, pepper, chili powder, and garlic salt.
Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to gently mix in green onions, cheddar cheese, chicken, Rotel, jalapeño, and black beans. Stir until evenly mixed.
Place each tortilla on a sheet of plastic wrap.
Spread about 1 cup of the mixture over the face of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap the plastic wrap around it to hold the shape.
Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour to allow the flavors to combine and to firm up the tortilla and mixture for slicing into pinwheels.
Slice the tortillas into ¾ to 1-inch sections. Serve.
- Chop the chicken quite small so that it spreads out in the mixture and makes a more uniform filling. Use leftover rotisserie or grilled chicken breasts. You could probably even use canned chicken.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with any lumps in your mixture.
- Don’t skip the chilling step as it will be much easier to slice the tortillas once they are chilled.
Calories: 93kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 150mgPotassium: 91mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 239IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 1mg