Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
Fresh mushrooms combine with a homemade, rich, creamy sauce for an award-winning taste you'll love!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms baby bella, cleaned gently with damp paper towel and your preference of slice sizes
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese divided (3/4 cup and ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Fresh thyme several sprigs (optional)
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter and olive oil.
Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and cook until tender and brown (about 15 minutes).
Sprinkle the dried thyme over the mushrooms and cook for about one minute stirring several times.
Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the cornstarch into the ½ cup of milk and pour into skillet with the mushrooms. Stir until thickened.
Then add the heavy whipping cream, ¾ cup of grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes and fresh sprigs of thyme.
Lower the heat to medium-low and stir until the cheese melts. Remove the woody sprigs of thyme.
Serve garnished with the extra grated cheese and parsley as garnish.