This simple and quick chicken casserole is filled with tender noodles, hearty chicken, a creamy sauce, and veggies. It's an easy, crowd-pleasing delicious dinner idea!
- 1 T olive oil
- Red bell pepper chopped
- Medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1.5 pounds chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 can mushrooms 4 oz, drained
- 3.5 cups dry egg noodles cooked al dente
- 6 oz cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese freshly shredded
- 2 cans cream of celery soup 10.5 oz
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pepper, onion, and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together cream of celery soups and milk, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine cooked pepper, onion, and celery, chicken, mushrooms, egg noodles, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cream of celery soup mixture.
Pour mixture into baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
Let cool slightly, serve warm topped with fresh chopped parsley.