Thai Chicken Foil Packets
Filled with tender rice, chicken, veggies, cheese, and seasonings, all cooked in foil, this recipe will be a favorite!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups 5-minute white rice
- 2 cups of water
- Place the rice in a bowl and add the water. Let sit for 10 minutes
Filling, each ingredient divided among the four packets:
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onions
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- ½ cup carrot shredded
- ½ cup baby spinach sliced into thin strips
- Half of a zucchini sliced thin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
Using one piece of foil spray the center of the foil with the nonstick spray.
Using a slotted spoon place 1/3 cup of drained rice on the foil.
Place one-fourth of the chicken pieces on top of the rice.
Season with salt, pepper, and ginger.
Add the vegetables on top of the chicken in the amounts desired.
Add chili flakes if desired, it does make it spicier!
Top with cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Drizzle ¼ cup of sweet Thai chili sauce over the top of everything.
Bring the long edges of the foil to meet at the center and fold a crease together at the top and then roll the foil down but do not press the foil all the way down onto the food, leave a gap inside the foil for air to circulate around the food.
Fold at each end of the foil rolling towards the center and pressed together well.
Place on a 400-degree grill and cook for 9-10 minutes rotating packet position about halfway through.
Carefully remove hot packets from the grill. Make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees. You can cut an X in the top of the foil with scissors and eat it straight out of the foil (watch for steam escapinor transfer to a plate to enjoy.
You can drizzle more sweet sauce over the top if desired.