Easy, cheesy, and totally mouthwatering, these delicious, simple campfire nachos are a family favorite at the campground.
- 1 8 oz bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese or your favorite blend
- 2 jalapenos sliced and seeds removed
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Salsa sour cream, and guacamole, for serving.
Layer 1/3 of chips on the bottom of a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
Add 1/3 of the cheese, 1/2 pf the olives, 1/2 of the green onions to the top of the chips
Make another layer with 1/3 of the chips and 1/3 of the cheese
Make the final layer with remaining chips, cheese, olives, and green onion. Add the jalapeño to the top.
Cover the skillet loosely with foil.
Place on the fire or grill on medium heat and cook until the cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes
Add cilantro to the top and serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.