Cherry Dump Cake
Easy, simple, and delicious, this cherry dump cake recipe will become a family favorite!
- 2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 teapoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (2.25-ounce) package sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix both cans of cherry pie filling together with the vanilla and pour into the baking dish. Use a spatula to make sure the entire dish is covered in an even layer.
Pour the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the cherries.
Pour the melted butter evenly over the top of the yellow cake mix. Do not stir.
Spread the almonds over the top.
Bake for 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
- To make in an 8x8 pan instead, simply halve the recipe!
- Sometimes a pit sneaks into your canned cherry filling. I suggest taking a quick glance when pouring your cherries out to be sure there isn’t a pit inside.
- Because dump cakes are so gooey and moist, it can be hard to determine if they’re done. It’s normal to see some wet spots and some spots that are more crisp and done. The fruit mixture should be bubbly around the edges of the pan when it’s finished baking.
Calories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 314mgPotassium: 20mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gCalcium: 91mgIron: 1mg