August 19, 2016
Table of Contents
Spring cleaning is going to be a bigger deal than usual for me this year. Before we can move into our new-to-us house, I’m planning a top-to-bottom, thorough cleaning. Not that the house looks bad…it’s just that it will be easier to get to every nook and cranny before we start unpacking boxes and arranging furniture.
After doing an intense cleaning job at our soon-to-be former house, I’m all practiced up and ready to tackle my check-list again! In fact, I made a free printable spring cleaning check-list to share with you. You can download it here. To get my cleaning supplies, I head to Walmart where everything I need is in one easy stop.
My favorite cleaning tips for a heavy duty cleaning day:
- Put dinner in the crock-pot. You’ll be grateful at the end of the day!
- Wear old clothes. I’ve decorated more shirts with bleach dots than I care to remember.
- Start with the easiest room. The quick success will inspire you.
- Finish one entire room before moving onto the next area.
- A tote full of cleaning supplies makes the job quicker/easier.
- Disposable gloves, paper towels and disinfectant wipes are a boon to cleaning.
- Begin cleaning highest surfaces and work your way down.
- Use a Clorox Toilet Wand for cleaning toilet bowls.
- Be sure to have a pint of your favorite ice cream in the freezer.
One of my least favorite cleaning jobs has to be doing the toilet. Regular toilet brushes that stand in the corner seem so nasty! However, I’ve found the simplest way to clean the bowl is to use a Clorox Toilet Wand. All you have to do is click the head onto the Toilet Wand handle, swish, and toss. The disposable cleaning head is preloaded with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner for a clean that powers through stains and kills 99.9% of germs. You don’t have to even think about what is lurking on the brush from the last time you used it. Doesn’t that seem like a cleaner way to clean?!
You can find the Clorox Toilet Wand at Walmart in the mop and broom aisle. Pick one up when you’re buying everything you need for spring cleaning. Don’t forget the ice cream. Stick it in the freezer when you get home and don’t touch it until the cleaning is done and dinner is over. It makes the most glorious reward. It almost makes me wish cleaning day came more often. Almost. 🙂
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clorox. The opinions and text are all mine.