Are you hosting a Halloween party this year? A costume parade, bobbing for apples and decorating pumpkins are usually part of the scene, but it wouldnt be a party without lots of sweet Halloween treats on a dessert table. Spider Web Cupcakes are a simple way to introduce an element of creepy. Surprisingly, this frosting decoration idea that looks a little complicated is easy to achieve. Whether you use a spider ring or a plastic spider, youve also got a built-in party favor!
Spiderman may have convinced some that spiders are fascinating, but personally, I fall more in the category of Ive never met a spider I liked aka I loathe spiders. Yeah, yeah, I know they have their place outdoorsbut I must not be the only one who doesnt enjoy them in close proximity or else they wouldnt be one of the perennial characters that show up on the Halloween horror list. But spider web cupcakesthats an idea that I can stick with.
- Wanting something sweet but that is still healthy? Check out these 15 Kids’ Healthy Party Food Ideas for Halloween for some great ideas.
- Count down to Halloween with 109 Halloween Recipes that’s perfect for everyone.
SPIDER WEB CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Total Time: takes about 1 hour
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil and water)
- 1 container white frosting
- black gel writing frosting
- spider rings
- cupcake liners
1. Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
2. Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
3. Using the black gel writing frosting, place a dot in the middle of the cupcake. Draw a circle around the dot, followed by one slightly larger circle, and then add a third, larger circle.
4. Using a toothpick, start in the center dot and pull the toothpick through the frosting to the outer edge of the cupcake.
Repeat this step to create a web wiping the toothpick clean on a paper towel after each swipe.
5. Once the web is drawn, press a spider ring into the cupcake to complete the cupcake decoration.
More great Halloween dessert recipe ideas: