Welcome to the holiday season: the most magical time of year! It also doubles as one of the busiest times of year. My to do list is oh-so-long these days. There are lots of things I want to accomplish in the next few weeks. Gifts to buy, a house to clean, baking to be done! In the middle of all the “have tos” I am trying to remember to pause and enjoy the special moments and memories we are creating. I’m focusing on taking time to breathe and enjoy time with loved ones. These are moments that slip by so quickly and I don’t want to miss them because I was too busy to enjoy.
A special thanks to Febreze for sponsoring the post today as part of a series for Socialstars™ and helping make my home ready for the holidays.
A compliment I often receive when guests come into my home is how good it smells… which always makes me happy. Especially considering that I feel like it’s kind of a miracle: I have three very active boys in my home. They don’t smell like sweet little babies anymore and haven’t for a very long time.
So when someone walks in my door and says how good it smells, I’m happy. It means I’ve successfully created a welcoming environment with a little help from Febreze’s OdorClear technology! My latest smell good obsession? Febreze SMALL SPACES: Fresh Twist Cranberry. It smells like Christmas and makes my heart happy.
Another way to make guests feel welcome? Serve something delicious to eat!
During this busy season, I especially love serving hearty, filling meals that stick to your belly and power you through all your busy chores and fun activities.
That’s one reason I love this Spicy Baked Tortellini. It’s packed with flavor and is such good comfort food for chilly days. Plus, it’s easy to prepare but it’s so tasty, it will seem like you’ve slaved over it!
Snag your favorite Febreze scents and then whip up this tasty Spicy Baked Tortellini and prepare to wow your guests this holiday season.
- 1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 32 ounce package of 3 cheese tortellini
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1.2 teaspoon red pepper flakes you can omit if you’re using spicy sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella
- fresh basil
- Remove sausage from casings and saute in a pan with salt, pepper and chili flake. Continue cooking until brown.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Gently add the tortellini to the pan and boil for 2 minutes and then drain.
- Remove sausage from the pan and add oil and minced garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is really fragrant. Add flour and whisk in white wine and chicken broth. Whisk until the mixture is thick and free of clumps of flour.
- Slowly pour in half and half. Stir until mixture starts to thicken and remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan until melted. Add the sausage into the alfredo sauce and add the can of tomatoes.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish and pour the tortellini in the bottom of the pan. Pour the alfredo and sausage mixture over the top and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 425 for 20 minutes, then remove foil and broil until cheese starts to brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil.