Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper in partnership with Crock-Pot® Brand. Opinions are 100% my own.
I love to entertain during busy holidays but I still always wish for several extra arms to make things easier. Picture that…not pretty. I think I’ve found the next-best thing.
I relish going fancy in the kitchen, especially during the Christmas season. Crafting, caroling, and shopping? Yeah, I like all of that too.
I’ve dashed through a few holidays at full speed, trying to cram in every seasonal joy. One year I realized I was so scattered that I didn’t experience the season in a meaningful way.
Then it was over.
I felt cheated and it was my own doing. So, I decided if I want to stay sane during the holidays, I can’t do everything every year.
My husband and I each have a couple of favorite “musts” but now we cull our list of potential activities to a few current choices. That helps us simplify the season and appreciate it even more.
Serving up a dessert bar is one of my favorite ways to streamline get-togethers, which is always on my list. This year I’ll be using my new Crock-Pot® Swing and Serve™ Slow Cooker. It streamlines entertaining because there is a convenient trio of space-saving appliances all in a single unit.
The elevated style of the Swing and Serve™ Slow Cooker saves space and allows you to cook and serve three dishes at once. Each crock has its own temperature control and the pivoting arms make serving convenient. Clean up is easy because the crocks and lids are removable for easy washing.
With the stainless steel and black finish, it looks good too. Sleek.
Cook a main entrée in the 3.5-quart base crock and include a side and a dessert in the 1.5-quart crocks, offer three appetizers at once or create a trio of desserts—like my three cakes.
Being able to offer the special taste of fresh, warm cake kinda makes you feel like the hostess with the mostess—without the need for several extra arms!
You can find additional Crockpot Recipes here.
APPLE SPICE CAKEPrint Pin Rate
- 5 apples peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package of spice cake mix
- ½ cup butter
- Peel and slice apples.
- Toss with brown sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into the slow cooker base.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top and spread around to settle in between apple slices.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high.
CHOCOLATE CAKE TWO WAYS: CHOCOLATE MINT, CHOCOLATE SEA SALT CARAMELPrint Pin Rate
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 small box chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- ¼ cup sundae caramel
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Mix cake ingredients and divide between two 1.5-quart slow cookers.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of peppermint extract and chocolate chips into one of the cakes.
- Drizzle half of caramel sauce on the other cake.
- Mix together pudding and two cups of milk.
- Pour over top of cake mixes. Add remaining peppermint and caramel sauce.
- Cover and cook 2 hours on high.
- When plating, drizzle additional caramel over the salted caramel cake and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.