Here is a turkey recipe even most vegetarians will like. The kids can help you make it. Clean up may or may not involve licking fingers—with no threat of dangerous salmonella.
Peanut Butter Cup Turkeys are an adorable addition to the Thanksgiving festivities. They make congenial place markers and they’re especially cute on the children’s table.
Or if you’re looking for a simple activity idea to amuse the kids while holiday football games capture the older generation, making these sweet treats will add fun to the afternoon.
My best tip for making these turkeys is to lay out all the ingredients before you are ready to begin, assembly line style. Once you start, you’ll want to make quick work of it so the melted chocolate does not harden before you want it to.
Peanut Butter Cup TurkeysPrint Pin Rate
- 12 large peanut butter cups
- 12 small peanut butter cups
- 60 candy corn
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 red or orange candy pieces
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl; heat for 25 seconds. Stir well; reheat as needed.
- Lay out all ingredients as you will want to work smoothly and quickly.
- Using a spoon, add 1/2 teaspoon or so of melted chocolate on large peanut butter cup. Smooth out to cover entire top.
- Place small peanut butter cup in bottom center of large peanut butter cup.
- Attach candy corn in a fan pattern around small peanut butter cup.
- Attach candy eyes to top half of small peanut butter cup using a touch of melted chocolate; repeat with orange or red candy pieces for beak.
- Repeat until all 12 large peanut butter cups are converted into chocolate turkeys.
Bet you won’t have to take care of any leftovers either!
Take a peek at these Thanksgiving themed ideas…
Take a look at these 12 Thanksgiving Craft Ideas for Kids!