No matter what Popeye told me, when I was a kid I couldnt stand the taste of spinach. Isnt it funny how your preferences can change? I regularly eat and thoroughly enjoy spinach prepared in a number of recipes now. One way is this easy and appealing addition to a party food table: mini bread bowls stuffed with spinach dip. I love it when I find something easy that tastes so amazing and looks fabulous for a party! Theyre a convenient finger-food idea, too, which is always party friendly. Guests just break off pieces of their bowl and dip into their personal well; no concerns about double dipping at the party!
- You’ll also love this delicious sour cream and herb dip.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with this party food idea: easy chocolate chip banana bread.
Ingredients for Mini Spinach Bread Bowls:
- 1 small (12-ounce) bag of spinach (washed)
- 1 14-ounce jar of marinated artichokes
- 1 8-ounce block of light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 12 to 14 ready-made puff type dinner rolls
How to Make Them:
- Chop up the spinach; put it in a fry pan. If you wash the spinach it will have enough moisture. If you use pre-washed spinach, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the fry pan. Stir it until it is wilted, but dont over-cook.
- Chop up the artichokes.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and onion powder in a medium sized bowl and stir until creamy; I like to use a large fork for this.
- Add the spinach and artichoke and stir until everything is well combined.
- Make a hole in the middle of the roll; I just plucked the centers out with my fingers.
- Spoon in the dip.
These little bowls also make a delightful light lunch and are amazingly filling when you eat a couple a few umm several! Popeye was right: spinach is good!
Plus, check out more delicious spinach recipes:
- Spinach Fruit Salad
- Spinach & Mushroom Crepes
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad
- Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Pasta
- Spinach, Eggs & Cheese Muffins
- Spinach Salad Bites
- Spinach & Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Get more inspiration for your next round in the kitchen with these party food friendly ideas:
- Kid’s Party Food: Chocolate Pecan Turtle
- Easy Chili Recipe
- Kid’s Party Food: Strawberry Mice
- Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cat in the Hat Pudding Pops
Get ready for any celebration with these supplies the Spaceships and Laser Beams team has sourced:
- Taste of Home Appetizers
- Libbey Just Tasting Square Plate Set
- Libbey Just Tasting Round Bowl Set
- Stiletto Appetizer Spoon
- Mini Square Tasting Glasses
- French White Appetizer Dish
- Wooden Cutlery
What party food recipe will you try next?