Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
How cute would these treats be for a Monsters University party?
My son is obsessed with a few things and Monsters University is one of them. As a result, I have featured a few Monsters University-related posts including coloring pages and activities as well as a Sulley-inspired drinking cup. These Monsters University treats are from Michelle’s Party Plan-It – they’re inspired by Sulley, John Goodman’s characte,r and she’s using them for a Monsters University party she is planning. Don’t they look great? Read on about how to make them.
Essentially, these are popcorn balls that are made with colored popcorn.
Here’s the items you need:
1. 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
2. 1 10 oz. package marshmallows
3. 1 tbs butter
4. 14 purple candy melts
5. non-stick cooking spray
6. wax paper
7. glass bowl
8. large mixing bowl
9. silicone spatula/spoon
10. electric blue food coloring gel
Here’s how you make them:
- Once the popcorn is popped, set aside a handful (it will be the purple dots in Sulley’s fur).
- Melt the purple candy melts in a bowl and stir in the handful of popcorn so that it is fully coated. Let it dry.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter, stir in the food coloring.
- Stir in the remaining popcorn until fully coated.
- Mold the blue popcorn into balls, press in purple popcorn pieces.
Check out Michelle’s original post for the complete step-by-step.