August 17, 2021Review Recipe
Table of Contents
While my husband is definitely the original Star Wars fan in our house, I have to admit that my inner nerd fairly wept with joy when I realized that The Force is strong with this Star Wars boys’ birthday party.
Mae, of Mae Armstrong Designs, took care of everything from food to photography at this FANTASTIC party for her twin boys’ 4th birthday. She planned every idea a little Star Wars fan could hope for: a fun, themed menu, exciting Jedi Training activities, and great party favors. DIY projects galore made everything unique and special. The Rebel Alliance needs you!
Go, you must, this galactic gala to see!
- Imagine adventures long ago and far away with the Ultimate Star Wars Book Guide for Kids.
Darth Vader-inspired printables include everything from invitations to napkin rings at this spectacular Star Wars celebration. A printable pennant banner transforms a painted coffee filter wreath into themed décor.
Suspended silver paper lanterns, a witty backdrop, and cool character figures fill “Ryan and Will’s Cantina” (aka the snack table).
I feel a great disturbance in the force. I think it’s the stellar party menu, with “Tauntaun Toenails” (potato chips) and “Ewok Sticks and Mud” (pretzel rods in chocolate mousse)!
I got a little (ok, a LOT) excited by all the word play, so here’s a list of Star Wars themed menu ideas: Yoda Soda, Wookie Water, Jedi Juice, Palpatine Pizza, Wookie Cookies, Vader Veggies, Deathstar Donuts, Chewbacca Chips, Jabba the Hummus, Padawan Popcorn (or Pretzels), Qui Gon Jinn-ger Snaps, and Obi Wan Ka-bobbies. Mae’s “Fruit Light Sabers” look cool, and the kids gobbled them up. I find your lack of cake disturbing. No, wait, there are Count Dooku cupcakes.
Luuuke, use the forks! Over at the lunch buffet, giant paper fans and a huge Darth Vader print make great backdrops over more menu choices: Fruits of Endor, Vader Veggies, Han Burgers, and Jabba PB&J Sandwiches.
Black tablecloths and white dishware make a striking presentation; framed printables, paper masks, and Star Wars toys accent the tables.
Outside, guest tables are set with personalized insulated tumblers and genius little utensil “light sabers”. Little Jedis also received Storm Trooper snack bags, with paper masks affixed to the front of kraft gable boxes.
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for, they’re awesome party favor ideas; Princess Leia’s headband buns, Emperor Palpatine Medals, Jedi Bubble Wands, Star Wars Pez dispensers, and packaged inflatable Light Sabers inside canvas bags.
Finally, it was time to train at the Jedi Academy. Guests were invited to come in costumes, and everyone received a Jedi training card with a list of INCREDIBLE activities:
- Fight in the Jedi Bubble Wars
- Inflate Your Light Saber and join the training
- Cross the Sarlacc pit (filled with Squishy Baff and patio stones)
- Destroy the Death Star (by tossing a Star Wars beanbag in the hole)
- Look for the AT-AT Walker (made from a cardboard box and paint, with dog food bowls for feet) and pose for a picture
- Team up and free Han Solo (from Jello, using giant popsicle sticks)
I’m declaring this Star Wars boy’s birthday party one of my favorites of all time! Whether you have a young padawan at home or a full-fledged Jedi Master, these party planning ideas are perfect for your next event.
The apprentice has now become the master. Plan your own Star Wars celebration with party supplies:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Star Wars Cake Topper
- Star Wars Clone Wars Pez Dispensers
- Star Wars Classic Peel And Stick Wall Decals
- Star Wars Yoda Candy Holder
- Star Wars Deluxe Figure Cake Toppers
- Star Wars Icing Decorations
- Star Wars Darth Vader Candy Holder
- Black Square Plastic Compartment Serving Tray
- Starry Night Backdrop Party Accessory
- Angry Birds Star Wars Gummies
- Star Wars Light Sabre Cupcake Picks
- Star Wars Party Supplies Pack
- Star Wars Darth Vader Silicone Tray
- Star Wars Death Star Wall Graphic
- Star Wars Darth Vader Cape and Mask Set
- Star Wars Classic Luke Skywalker Child Costume
- Star Wars Han Solo Silicone Tray
Looking for more intergalactic inspiration? Check out these parties:
Check out 23 Star Wars Party Ideas You Will Love…