This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Recipe®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Holy moly, adoring canines are irresistible! Who cares if you had a hard day, your co-worker was snarky and the store clerk was rude? Get home and you forget it all because nothing says “I adore you” like your dog’s happy tail wagging, jumping up-and-down, circle dancing. How can you not love a fur baby who expresses his affection with everything that’s in him? How do you let doggie know how much you love him too? A sweet and easy DIY, no-sew blanket is one simple answer.
Our family has had this darling little dog for eight years. No matter he only weighs about a pound for each of his feisty twelve inches. He thinks he is King of the Castle and he is treated royally.
Although he resides at my sister’s house now, no one disputes that Max has a special spot in each of our hearts. Max is a Coton de Tulear, and yes, he really does feel as soft as cotton. He also doesn’t shed. Or have that nasty dirty-dog smell.
Most dog lovers have their favorite breeds. I’m partial to this little guy. His bright eyes and playful personality engage you immediately. Our Max loves to snuggle and one of his most endearing habits is walking on his hind legs. So cute!
You better know we all want Max to live a long, heathy life and we do everything we can to make him happy. These are some of the ways we’ve found to speak his love language:
- Training :: Dogs like to please their owners so consistency and training them to know boundaries makes for a more content pupper.
- Feeding :: Food and treats formulated specifically for size and dietary needs keep a dog at its healthy best.
- Praising :: Verbal and physical affirmations hit the mark.
- Playing :: Have several toys on rotation so doggie doesn’t get bored.
- Walking :: Going on regular walks affords exercise and new sights/sounds/experiences.
- Teaching :: Older dogs do like to learn new tricks.
- Grooming :: Regular brushing and bathing is a necessity for Max.
For feeding, Walmart has just started carrying Nature’s Recipe dog food.
Max likes their Grain Free Chicken. It’s a four-pound bag of dry dog food formulated for small breeds. We like that there are no artificial flavors or preservatives, wheat or corn and all of Nature’s Recipe dog foods are crafted for specific nutritional/functional benefits for every size/age dog.
Nature’s Recipe uses great ingredients like real chicken, salmon, duck, venison, and lamb, as well as fresh-picked fruits, garden-quality vegetables, and omega-3 rich flaxseeds. There are dry or wet choices, too. That adds up to a lot of content tail wagging!
Now that you can pick up Nature’s Recipe at Walmart, you also have convenience and the great price point you expect from Walmart. That might make you jump up and down with excitement!
Besides eating, one of Max’s favorite things is a fleece blanket. As you might imagine, he has more than one. What would you expect for an irresistible little doggie? This DIY no-sew version is an easy way to say, “I love you”. No dancing in circles necessary. 🙂
Make these yummy dog treats for your special puppy to enjoy while laying on their new blanket!
DIY NO-SEW DOGGIE BLANKET
- 2 yards of fabric fleece is an excellent choice; 1 yard of two different patterns or colors
- Measuring tape
- Line up fabrics so backs of fabric are facing each other and pattern is facing out.
- At each corner, cut a 6-inch slit at 45 degrees. Next to that cut, make another 6-inch slit, an inch and a half wide. Tie the pieces together in a double knot.
- Continue making 1-1 ½ inch cuts along the blanket, tying them together until the blanket is completely tied.