THIS HAWAIIAN BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH RECIPE IS A DELICIOUS TASTE ADVENTURE
No matter where you land, I think your birth place always holds a special spot in your heart. For me, that is Canada. It’s a beautiful and diverse country with gorgeous vistas. This year, Canada is celebrating its 150th birthday. I’m all about birthday celebrations! Such joyous occasions mean great food with family and friends. Thanks, Dempster’s, for sponsoring this post and baking delicious bread that’s perfect for celebrations big and small, and yummy Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
(You’ll want to try this Classic Tuna Melt, too!!)
In good weather, Mike, Sam and I regularly enjoy paddling our kayaks on the nearby lake, take hikes with our two labradoodles, and Niagara Falls isn’t far from here. It’s a little piece of paradise that requires no packing of suitcases.
I was recently reminded of how fortunate we were to find this new home with such a great location. I was remembering the business trip I took to Hawaii with some other bloggers a few months ago. It was a fun business trip. We ate fabulous food and this Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe reminds me of that magical excursion.
Our Hawaii itinerary included greeting each day with glorious sunrises, exploring the island, and perusing gift shops. And we didn’t just loll on the beaches, although that was on the agenda.
We took an exhilarating kayak trip, a two-mile hike through a mango tree forest, and went swimming under a picturesque waterfall. It was a piece of paradise.
And the food was beyond delicious. Is it possible new vistas wake up taste buds? Pineapple, coconut, and mango never tasted so good.
I would love to go back to Hawaii and share the adventures with Mike and Sam someday. But, funny thing I realized: Since we live close to a lake I can close my eyes when the sun is shining, listen to the waves lapping the sandy beach and almost imagine there are palm trees swaying behind me.
And there’s no place like home.
I’m especially mindful of that this year, as we celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. Canada has glorious sunrises, amazing vistas, great food!
Summer is a great time for friendly get-togethers and this Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich is a full-flavored taste treat worth sharing. The robust flavors are set off to perfection with lightly grilled Dempster’s Hamburger Buns.
Grilling the buns adds a slight crisp edge, but the interior remains satisfyingly soft. Besides liking the taste, I appreciate Dempster’s bread because it contains no artificial flavours or colours. You can snag a coupon here.
Add a quick slaw side salad, a few chips, maybe a batch of cookies. Ahh, summer. And the livin’ is easy.
Who needs to leave on a jet plane when you can roll out the good times with family and friends? Try this Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich and go on your own #breadventure with Dempster’s!
Another family favorite is this egg salad sandwich — you’ll want to add it to your menu soon, too! Try these Maid-Rite Sandwiches, too.
Oh — Dempster’s is adding a giveaway prize to this summer, too. Picture yourself in this fun, inflatable couch, you Sweet Potato.
Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple pureed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package pork tenderloins about 2 pounds
- In a medium sauce pan, add all ingredients for sauce and stir. Let simmer over
- medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and preheat grill.
- Generously season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over medium heat; sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place prepared baking sheet on one side of grill and move seared meat to baking sheet.Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Remove a cup of sauce from the pan; reserve the rest for serving. Baste with sauce, close grill and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Rotate and baste with additional sauce.
- Continue to rotate and baste until pork is fully cooked (145).
- Remove from grill and let set for 3-5 minutes.
- Shred or slice pork. Serve on Dempster’s Buns with additional sauce.