You dont have to read the latest study to know that friendships are good for you! You also dont need to have someone tell you that moms often put taking care of themselves last on the to-do list. For example, when was the last time you made time for a get-together with your dearest women friends? Bet its been a while. Isnt it time to plan some girlfriend fun? In this Girls Night In, part two, youll find more ideas for a great mental health evening for big girls who might sorta act like silly teeny boppers just for a little while. Cats not invited.
- Cook up these Pan Fried Bananas in Coconut Oil for something nutritious and delicious everyone will love.
- Who doesn’t love cookies?! These Double Chocolate Cookies make the perfect anytime treat.
– GLAM UP NIGHT :: Guests come over, ready for trying new make-up techniques and new hair styles. Be sure to have the camera ready for those fabulous glam shots.
– BOOK DISCUSSION :: Did you enjoy a great summer read? Talk about it.
– FONDUE PARTY :: Pull out the pot and gather round for a great dish while you dish.
– SCRAPBOOKING :: Gather those photos youve been keeping and finally put them all in one spot. Interesting papers and adorable embellishments make it a work of art.
– TEACH A SKILL :: Teach/learn something new. Anything interesting is fair game.
– LIP SYNC :: Yeah, really. Good old karaoke is great for laughs, too. Throw in a little line dancing for exercise.
– SLEEPOVER :: Giggles and jammies and heart felt discussions will leave you with warm fuzzies!
– CHICK FLICK :: Enjoy every last sentiment without caring who sees youre crying.
– HANDIWORK :: Theres something to that busy hands, happy hearts thing. Knitting, crocheting, quilting or any of the needle arts can be quite satisfying, especially when accompanied by stimulating conversation.
– EVENING FOR THE ARTS :: Pick a scene from a play, give everyone a copy of the script and enjoy playing a character without ever moving from your seat. This can also work well with poetry reading. Or, if most of your friends play an instrument, make music together. Even the untrained can add rhythm with drum beats, hand claps, etc.
In case you get thirsty, heres another sweet drink to toast the peach season, good girl friends and having fun.
PEACH COBBLER MARTINI
- 1 ½ ounces peach vodka
- 1 ounce peach nectar
- 1 ½ ounces hazelnut liqueur
- 1 scoop of peach or vanilla ice cream
- brown sugar and crushed graham crackers for garnish
1. Put liquid ingredients into shaker with ice and shake.
2. Dip rim of glass with water or lime juice.
3. Dip glass rim in the brown sugar/graham crackers.
4. Add scoop of ice cream to glass.
5. Pour in drink mixture.
6. Top with sliced peach.
Bake up some something sweet with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great recipes perfect for a Girls Night In.
- Salted Caramel Cookie Bites
- Polenta Fries with Traditional Marinara Sauce
- Grilled Shrimp Stuffed Avocado