Ho-ho-ho and merry, merry! Has the Christmas countdown begun at your house yet? In our home, big brother and Dad are already getting a little tired of little boys waking up every morning asking, “How many days left until Christmas?” To make peace, this year for sure we will have an advent calendar—but it’s too soon for that! I do have a cute and simple Christmas craft to stoke their holiday excitement. It would also be a fun craft idea for a Christmas party or a boy’s holiday season birthday party or even for a play-date activity.
- Don’t miss these 3 Easy Christmas Craft Ideas You Will Love.
- Make their class party one they wont forget with these 16 Cute Christmas Party Food Ideas Kids Will Love.
All of this early morning, pre-Christmas frenzy is my own fault, really. I LOVE the Christmas holiday season and I’m already thinking about it as soon as summer is over! My sweet husband, Domingo, is ever-so-patient, but after a couple of years together he made me promise I would not start playing Christmas music until October first. I comply. With regrets. But that doesn’t mean I have to stop thinking about it. This cute little gingerbread man craft idea is just one way to add to the seasonal merriment. You probably already have most of the needed items.
Download the pattern here, or freehand it if you’re artistic. Depending on the ages and abilities of your kids, trace the pattern on brown cardstock, butcher paper or even cardboard (but that’s a little tougher to cut out). Obviously they can cut the shape out themselves if they’re old enough. Otherwise, Mom to the rescue.
Set up some small piles of embellishments. Rick-rack, washi tape, buttons, scraps of colored paper or left over fabric snips, craft jewels, sequins, yarn and feathers are a few of the possibilities. You’ll want glue-sticks for each child. Trust me on that one. Sharing and caring is certainly part of the Christmas spirit, but they will not care to share when they have to wait!
The finished gingerbread men look great…and I can just imagine an entire army of them hanging from the kids’ tree. Ho-ho-ho!
Spend some family time this holiday season with these great craft resources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- 12 Beaded Holiday Charm Bracelet Craft Kits
- Snowman Photo Frame Magnet Craft Kit (12 Count) – Christmas/Crafts for Kids & Photo Crafts
- Kid Friendly Decorate Your Own Holiday Ornament Crafting Kit Makes 30 Ornaments
- Magic Color Scratch Christmas Tree Ornaments (24 Count) – Crafts for Kids & Ornament Crafts
- Button Wreath Ornament Craft Kit – Crafts for Kids & Ornament Crafts, Makes 12
- Legend Of The Gingerbread Man Ornament Craft Kit – Crafts for Kids & Ornament Crafts
- CHRISTMAS CHARACTER PHOTO ORNAMENT CRAFT KIT/1 DOZEN/6 1/2 INCHES TALL
- Beaded Candy Cane Ornament Craft Kit – Crafts for Kids & Ornament Crafts
- 72 Christmas Holiday Glitter Temporary Tattoos
- Kinzd® 27PCs Party Supplies Props Christmas Favors Tree Gift Star Heart Die Cut with Sticks and Glue
- Inflatable Reindeer Antler Ring Toss Game-Holiday Party
- CHRISTMAS Toys and Novelty assortment (50 pc)
Create more holiday fun these great ideas.
- 15 DIY Advent Calendars
- 28 Christmas Crafts Made From Toilet Paper Rolls
- 20 Hacks for Holiday Entertaining