The holidays bring all sorts of good things: delicious food, wonderful traditions plus lots of laughter with family and friends. Today, I’m sharing a fun gift idea for the overnight guests you’re hosting this Christmas.
One thing I love about our home is that it’s a gathering place for the people in our lives. Mike and I both love to entertain and enjoy having guests at our house. The holidays are no exception.
This year, in anticipation of friends visiting, I decided I wanted to prepare a fun overnight gift basket to set out to greet them. I think it turned out great!
Inside are peppermint bark sugar cookies (stay tuned for that delicious recipe!) plus Christmas socks, a cute mug, and the star of the show: Poo~Pourri products.
I love Poo~Pourri — it’s perfect to give as a gift, stocking stuffer or leave in your bathroom for all the guests visiting your home. It’s affordable and available everywhere: PooPourri.com, at major retailers and over 9,000 boutiques.
Never heard of Poo~Pourri before? Allow me to introduce you! It’s an all natural blend of natural essential oils that you spritz on the toilet bowl before you go. It creates a protective barrier that traps odors under the surface before it even begins… so no foul smells!
There are three amazing scents you can enjoy this holiday season: Merry Spritzmas (vanilla, peppermint and citrus) Spiced Apple (apple, pecan and citrus) and Secret Santa (cinnamon, vanilla and citrus). They smell SO GOOD!
I think my little gift basket turned out great. Especially with this fun custom tag for the Poo~Pourri bottles. 🙂
What a great way to welcome people in your home and make them feel comfortable.
Don’t forget to bake these delicious peppermint bark sugar cookies to include as well. All the yummy flavors of Christmas!
Peppermink Bark Sugar CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- White melting chocolate about 5 squares
- milk chocolate melting chocolate about 5 squares
- about 14 soft peppermint candies crushed
- In a stand mixer, combine butter and both sugars. Cream together for about 1 minute until its combined and creamy.
- Add in the egg and extracts. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly add them to the wet ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Divide the dough in half. Keep the other half covered while you work with the other half.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out to ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out the shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool.
- When the cookies have cooled, melt the white and milk chocolate in separate bowls. Place the peppermint candies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they resemble sprinkles.
- Dip half of the cookies in the chocolate or drizzle the chocolate over the cookie, then sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- Set on parchment paper to let the chocolate set.