Is there a better party food for a football party than chili?
Football and an old fashioned chili. Sounds like the perfect fall celebration to me! I picked each of these recipes to feature because I thought they would work well for the type of varying crowd that often attends a football themed party.
Here’s 10 of my favorite chili recipes from some of my favorite blogging friends:
1. Sweet and Spicy Chili Recipe from The Juggling Act: I am a huge fan of sweet in savory dishes. This recipe adds sweet potato. Mmmmm.
2. Crock Pot Chili Recipe from Family, Love & Other Stuff: After much trial and error, she has perfected her family recipe and you can take advantage of all her hard work. Yum!
3. Easy Pork Chili Recipe from Kathe with an E: Simple ingredients and a great execution set this recipe apart.
4. Pulled Pork Chilli Recipe from Adventures of Brad and Kendra: I love pulled pork. I love chilli. This recipe is a win-win.
5. Everything but the Kitchen Sink Chili from Priceless Product Reviews, Giveaways and Freebies: This recipe is an awesome way to use up vegetables in your fridge before they go bad. I love it for guys like my husband who will never know they’re getting their veggies while eating football.
6. Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chilli from Love Always Mommy: This chili is made from chicken breast for a great version with reduced fat.
7. Turkey and Kidney Bean Chili from the Pinning Mama: Pantry staple ingredients and a tried and true recipe make this option great when you don’t have time to be your own test kitchen.
Planning a football themed party? Check out these posts for some great inspiration.
- No detail was left unturned at this football-themed second birthday
- This vintage football party has the most awesome football turf tablecloth.
- Our football party dessert table brings out the sweeter side of the sport.
8. White Chili from My Turn (For Us): This chili has been describe as lean and satisfying. I love the color too. Great on a cold day but not as heavy as many options.
9. She also has a more traditional Turkey Chili Recipe that looks amazing.
10. Best Ever Chili Recipe from My Best Laid Plans: The secret ingredient for this chili? A large V8. Love it.
Plan on serving chili at your party? Here are some of my favorite ways to serve it:
- These white chili bowls are my go-to. They look just like the ones in the main picture.
- I love these antique label chili bowls when the party has a vintage feel.
- One of my favorite ways to serve chili and stews is “family style” from a cast iron pot.