Last updated on
Table of Contents
Looking for food ideas for your football party?
A football party has to be one of the best excuses to break out some serious party food. Here are some great recipes and how-to tutorials for a range of food ideas that would be perfect at your next football themed event. They include classic such as potato skins, black bean and corn dip and easy quacamole, main meals like chili and turkey sliders as well as appetizers including football shaped deviled eggs, homemade sausages in a blanket and spaghetti and meatball bites. And they’ll give you tons of ideas on how to kick your football party or game day gathering up a notch! [If you’re looking for even more football party food ideas, check out our post with 10 Really Easy Chili Recipes for a Football Party.”]
1. Bacon Party Popper Appetizers from Bargain Briana: This recipe for bacon wrapped dates and brie is just about perfect when you’re looking for a one-bite hot appetizer to at a football themed party.
2. Football Deviled Eggs from My Turn for Us: You can miss with a good deviled egg but especially when they are decorated to look like little footballs.
3. Italian Sausage in Herb Bread from My Turn for Us: These are real crowd pleasers and they’re super easy to make as well. For a football party, I love styling them in a football shaped dish or a basket with a football-themed napkin.
4. The Best Corn and Black Bean Dip from Recreate and Decorate: I like having a trio of dips at any party, regardless of the theme. This corn and black bean dip is a go-to for my “chunky dip” option.
5. The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip from Spaceships and Laser Beams: If you want a dip with some kick (pun intended), this is the one for you. Add a little hot sauce to keep it mild or a lot of the more adventurous types.
6. Potato Skins from My Turn for Us: Is there a more classic football party food than potato skins?
7. Homemade Cocktail Weenies from The Sweet Spot Blog: I like this version because they can be made the day before in a crockpot. Easy peasy.
8. Chili with Beer Recipe from The Sweeter Side of Mommyhood: Isn’t this perfect for a football party? The beer’s right in the chili. The men love that. LOL
For more Football Party Ideas, check out these posts:
- This football-themed dessert table shows the sweet side of this tough sport. The player cupcakes are really cute.
- 10 Really Easy Chili Recipes – Great for serving at a football party.
- For a children’s party option, here’s a very cute football-themed second birthday.
9. Mini Chicken Calzones from The Juggling Act Mama: When I don’t want to serve pizza, calzones are a great option. I like these for a football party because they are small enough to hold in your hand.
10. The Perfect Turkey Slider Sandwiches from The Pinning Mama: Slider sized burgers and sandwiches are my favorite to serve at parties. I like having a few dishes that people can sample and the smaller size keeps calories in check and makes sure no one feels guilty for trying everything.
11. Nacho Bites with Pineapple Salsa from Spaceships and Laser Beams: I am obsessed with Mexican food. And pineapple salsa. Both are checked off in this recipe. It’s a cool take on a classic football party dish.
12. Best Ever Chili from My Best Laid Plans: I think a pot of chili always makes a great option for food at a football party. I like this recipe because it is easy and delicious.
14. Monterrey Chicken from Six Sisters Stuff: This chicken dish is also a good option when you want to serve a full meal at the party rather than just all appetizers.
15. Spaghetti and Meatball Bites Appetizer from Spaceships and Laser Beams: This appetizer has substance but can easily double as finger food. I think it would be cute to style the meatball as a football by changing the shape and adding some cheese as the strings.
16. Almost Famous Guacamole from The Pinning Mama: Fresh ingredients and the inclusion of tomato make this one of my favorite guacamole recipes.
Planning a football themed party? Here are some of my favorite party supplies:
- This football field tablecloth is perfect to cover your food table. I love that it shows the yard lines.
- Or, if you didn’t want to cover your whole table, this football field table runner would be a great alternative.
- I could actually see this inflatable goal post cooler as a dramatic centerpeice – and it keeps a supply of beverages too. 🙂
- I love the referee shirt serving tray for passing hot appetizers. It’s adorable.
- These football player rubber duckies would be awesome party favors for guests of any age.
Plus, check out Football Party Food Ideas #QuesoForAll…