Hello! Its Jessica from Live the fancy life. Im here today with a quick, easy and very inexpensive DIY dessert table backdrop tutorial that anyone can create! It took me about 30 minutes because Im a perfectionist and kept moving the ribbons around. You could probably make it in 20 (if youre not busy chasing your 1-year-old around).
I made this backdrop for my sons 1st birthday party and did something similar this year for his second because it is such a great pop behind the dessert, its so easy and you can do it for a few dollars.
What you need:
- Ribbon in different colors ($1-$3 using coupons at Michaels)
- Large white foam board, canvas or other backdrop board
- Tape or hot glue gun and glue
1. Tape or hot glue the ribbon to the back of the board, pull around the front and attach on the other side. Its really that simple. The back looked bad, but the front was great. I used only thick solid colored ribbon, but you could certainly use different widths, patterns etc
2. Add a piece of double-sided tape to the middle of each ribbon to be sure it stays in place or glue a small dot of hot glue somewhere in the middle.
3. Set it on your dessert table, attach it to the wall or set it on the floor depending on what you are doing.
Little man party backdrop photos are by Canary Grey Photography for Live the fancy life.
Are you planning a Little Man / Mustache themed birthday party? You have to check out this post for more great ideas.