Party time dessert table choices are a specialty around here but today I want to share a main dish recipe. This easy crock-pot shredded beef would make a great filling for any recipe that calls for shredded beef, but a burrito-taco-enchilada bar would be especially good with a pot full of this combo. Add colorful decorations and youre ready for a hot time!
- Not sure what to make for dinner? Bake up this Easy Baked Ziti Recipe for something everyone will love.
- Check out this Meatloaf for an easy dinner idea.
Such a flavorful menu practically demands colorful serving dishes and décor. Something cold and delicious makes a sweet ending for a zesty meal. Ole!
Check out these great meal ideas for more dinner time inspiration.
- 9 Make-Ahead Weeknight DInner Ideas
- 18 Ways to make Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Exciting
- Slow Cooker Nacho Bake
EASY CROCK-POT SHREDDED BEEFPrint Pin Rate
EASY CROCK-POT SHREDDED BEEF
- 1 frozen beef roast
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 hot pepper optional
Additions to join the shredded beef might include
- black beans
- chopped green or sweet Vidalia onions
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- shredded greens
- diced avocados or guacamole
- a variety of shredded cheeses that include Monterey or Pepper Jack sharp Colby
- sour cream
- chopped black olives
- additional salsa
- purchased or homemade tortillas either corn or flour
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup water
- Place one, whole washed hot pepper in bottom of crock-pot.
- Place FROZEN roast on top of pepper.
- Cover with 2 cups of your favorite salsa. Cook on high for 8-10 hours or on low for approximately 20 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork and use as filling for burritos, tacos, enchiladas, or any other shredded beef recipe.
- Mashed pinto beans (with bacon-yum!) and Spanish rice are great sides with this main entree. Both sides are economical and easy dishes to prepare. The mashed pinto beans are self-explanatory. For the Spanish rice, just lightly brown short grain rice in vegetable shortening; add minced onion. Sprinkle in cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cover with water and cook slowly, until dry.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Make small balls, about 1 ½ inches.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Cook over medium heat on griddle or in frying pan, until lightly browned on each side.