This Easy Creamy Chicken Penne One Dish Dinner is a meal the entire family will love!
The days are oh so busy at my house. I have three active boys that keep me hopping with school projects and extracurriculars. While they’re in school, I work from home. I also juggle the household stuff and never ending laundry pile like a boss on the daily.
Seriously. There is so much laundry. You can’t even imagine.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
My kitchen is a refuge in my house. Food is my love language. Preparing wholesome, delicious meals for those that I love is important to me.
Hearty, comforting meals like this easy and creamy chicken penne with veggies make me happy. Packed with delicious ingredients and bursting with flavor, it’s a recipe my entire family will love.
If you’ve been around Spaceships and Laser Beams much, you know that sitting down to family dinners is a goal of mine in 2018. After many months of really busy sports schedules in 2017, my little tribe got away from eating together at the table each evening.
I don’t like that, so I’m making it a point to change it this year. What are some of your goals this year? I’m learning that simple steps forward make it happen!
Enter Unilever foods at Sam’s Club to help with this goal. It’s so easy to shop for Unilever ingredients in club-sized packs at Sam’s Club with the Scan & Go App or Club Pickup.
Club-sized packs is important for me because my boys go through food like it’s their job.
And seriously Club Pickup was created for me. Order online, my local Sam’s Club fulfills my order and then I pick it up. You can check out through the app, at the kiosk inside or pull up in the Drive Thru area.
You can also take advantage of Scan & Go App — scan items as you load your cart while shopping then pay directly from the app.
Plus, in case I get stumped about what to make for dinner, Unilever has some yummy recipe ideas that my whole family can enjoy. Sometimes a little meal inspiration helps me get started to put my own spin on the recipe to make it my own. You can do the same!
My boys can be hard to please sometimes, but this Easy Chicken and Penne One Dish Dinner is a winner. It’s simple for me to make on a busy night and the flavor is phenomenal.
One thing I love about one pan dinners — besides easy clean up — is how all the flavors combine. Plus, I can mix up what veggies I include based on what’s in my fridge.
Enjoy theis colorful and delicious one pan dinner with your family soon!
Easy Chicken and Penne One Dish DinnerPrint Pin
- 1 pound chicken tenders cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock Spread divided
- 3 cups bit sized chunks of zucchini
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 1 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 4 cups uncooked penne
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 wedge parmesan cheese grated
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock Spread over medium heat, add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken from pan, add two more tablespoons of Country Crock Spread and add onions and zucchini and season with more salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes then remove them from the pan and add to the plate with the chicken.
- Pour in 6 cups of chicken broth into the pan and bring to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan and bring to a low simmer.
- If you need to add more liquid, add the additional 2 cups of chicken broth. I like to have a lot of sauce so I added the additional 2 cups of broth.
- Stir in lemon juice, white wine and heavy cream. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
- For a thicker sauce, let the pasta sit a few minutes before serving.