This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock®. The opinions and text are all mine.
My Christmas tree is already up and I began playing Christmas music in October. Don’t judge. I’d start earlier but that’s the promise my husband made me give him. The only thing I don’t get to early is baking…but I’ve found a solution.
Since Christmas is the most magical time of the year, doesn’t it seem like wishful thinking should make trays full of splendid cookies appear? Doesn’t happen at my house.
In fact, splendid cookies mysteriously disappear.
I live in a man cave with three energetic boys and a busy husband. They also have caveman appetites. Cookies don’t have a chance of lasting any longer than a snowball in July at our house.
I love to bake for them but adding the requisite shopping and holiday get-togethers to an already busy life means there isn’t as much kitchen time as any of us would like.
That’s why the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe feels like an early present at our house this year. Their one easy recipe can be the base for an endless supply of cookies.
You customize the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ with one or two cups of your favorite mix-ins so the possibilities are endless. That means every caveman can have his favorite cookie.
I think I just heard my guys singing the Hallelujah Chorus.
I’m joining them!
Especially during this busy holiday season, I’m all for reliable short cuts. I love how my boys want to “help” me in the kitchen.
I love the family fun but any mom knows that’s usually a memory maker more than a time saver. Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe is the perfect base cookie dough to make it all happen. It might be the only cookie recipe you’ll ever need.
There’s a whole lotta “ho-ho-ho-ing” going on at our house!
This Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe with Double Caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt tastes divine.
Simple. Delicious. Done!
Four out of four cavemen and one Queen Bee recommend these Double Caramel Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookies.
How do you mix it up and Make It Yours™?
DOUBLE CARAMEL MAKE IT YOURS™ COOKIE RECIPEPrint Pin
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 1 1/3 cups of toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add caramel sauce and toffee pieces into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Drizzle additional caramel sauce on cookies; sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
Hope you all enjoyed my take on the Country Crock® Make it Yours™ cookie recipe! Now Trisha from Mom Dot, how do you mix it up and Make It Yours™?