I’m a girl who loves a good, sweet treat.
Especially of the frozen variety.
For instance, Culver’s Fresh Frozen Custard. I could eat it for breakfast. Wait, I actually have.
I had the recent pleasure of traveling to Wisconsin and being hosted by Culver’s and I’m excited to share my trip with you.
Try not to drool while I share some new, delicious flavors with you!
I’ve never been to Wisconsin before and I was excited to visit.
I love going new places and seeing new things… and of course, trying delicious food.
I knew this trip would deliver and I was not disappointed.
Because I’m also a little nosy, I also loved getting a behind the scenes peek at how things work and finding out the upcoming special flavors Culver’s will be releasing.
Now, if you aren’t familiar with Culver’s Fresh Frozen Custard, let me tell you about it. You’re going to want to know about it. Because it’s yummy.
Each day, every location has a Flavor of the Day.
It all starts with their rich and creamy Fresh Frozen Custard — which really is completely delicious all on its own. You can enjoy plain chocolate or vanilla as well.
But you don’t have to stop there, they add mix-ins that you’ll love. From classic candies, to real fruit fruit to salted nuts — they create signature flavors that are unique and wonderful.
I have a friend who doesn’t live by a Culver’s and whenever she comes to visit, one of the first things she asks to do is to stop and get the Flavor of the Day to satisfy her craving!
Frozen Custard is different than ice cream — it uses more cream and contains less air, giving it a creamier and richer taste.
I also love that custard is served at a different temperature — it won’t freeze your taste buds and you can enjoy the flavor longer.
You can enjoy your Frozen Custard in a dish, cake cone or a waffle cone, which is my favorite way.
I’ll also add that you can purchase pints of Culver’s Frozen Custard, including their Flavor of the Day, to take home and enjoy later. [ I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS 🙂 ]
Let’s talk about their new flavors…
Here’s the scoop: for the first time since 2012, Culver’s is adding six new flavors to its Flavor of the Day lineup. The first new flavor will be available May 10, with each additional flavor offered on the 10th day of the following months. (Best of all, they will be in ALL 650 restaurants.)
1. Cappuccino Cookie Crumble is vanilla frozen custard blended with espresso and chunks of sugar cookies and swirls of novelty chocolate. I didn’t look very ladylike when eating this one. I gobbled. It was that good. I could have had a gallon of it. All said, it was thisclose to being my number one choice. I can’t wait to try it again. You can enjoy it too starting May 10.
2. Blackberry Cobbler is ripe blackberries and crunchy cinnamon streusel swirled with Vanilla Fresh Frozen Custard — such a refreshing treat as it is both sweet and tart. Being introduced on June 10, it’s basically the classic dessert in frozen custard form right on your spoon. Many in the group I was travelling with chose this flavor as their very favorite (I loved it, but mine’s still ahead).
3. Chocolate Pretzel Crunch is a vanilla frozen custard with novelty chocolate, crushed Bavarian pretzels and salted caramel. The crunch in the pretzels is so awesome in this treat. VERY unique! It arrives July 10.
I’ll give you a moment to wipe the drool from your chin before we keep going.
4. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough… oh, yes! This was my favorite. Hands down. It’s peanut butter custard with roasted peanuts blended and chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. Cookie dough and peanut butter will win for me. Every. Single. Time. You can run to Culver’s to get this flavor on August 10.
5. Dark Chocolate Decadence was also a huge favorite with the taste testers and a huge innovation for Culver’s. It’s the first dark chocolate frozen custard to ever hit their menu. It is made of a premium blend of cocoas for the ultimate chocolate experience. Look for at all Culver’s locations on September 10.
6. Peanut Butter Salted Caramel is the perfect salty-sweet combo. Picture peanut butter frozen custard with roasted peanuts and ribbons of salted caramel. It appears on October 10.
Each of these flavors is completely amazing.
My favorite thing about Culver’s frozen custard is that — after 30 years — they are still making it fresh in the restaurants in small batches — every single day.
I’m looking forward to having them all again and sharing them with Mike and Sam.
I hope your family will enjoy them soon too!