Cookie Cups are an incredibly easy party food that is always a big hit with guests! Who wouldn’t be excited to eat a Cream Egg nestled perfectly in a cookie cup? These Cream Egg Sugar Cookie Cups are the perfect treat to ring in Spring!
- You’ll making these Easy Brownie Bombs for a fun afternoon snack.
- Don’t miss these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies.
I look forward to Cream Eggs the minute Valentine’s Day is over. I hoard them. And then I come up with crazy ways to use up my embarrassingly large stash… like baking them into cookies!
For these Cream Egg Sugar Cookie Cups, I used my super-easy Lemon Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe but you could even use a pre-made sugar cookie dough. The whole point of this recipe is ease and fun!
Of course, if you’re not making these around Easter, you’ll want to find a substitution for the Cream Eggs. A scoop of chocolate chips, some Rolo candy, or really, any bite-sized chocolate that you have on hand will work perfectly.
To make these cookies, whip up a batch of sugar cookies. For the purposes of this recipe (and to make it a quick read), I’ll assume that you’re using your favourite sugar cookie recipe or grabbing some sugar cookie dough at the store.
Cream Egg Sugar Cookie Cups
- Lemon Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Recipe
- A scoop of chocolate ships
- some Rolo candy
- any bite sized chocolate
- To make these cookies, whip up a batch of sugar cookies. For the purposes of this recipe (and to make it a quick read), I’ll assume that you’re using your favourite sugar cookie recipe or grabbing some sugar cookie dough at the store.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make sugar cookie dough according to recipe or package directions.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray, and place a small ball of dough in each muffin cup.
- Press the dough against the sides of the muffin cup to make a little nest to place your Cream Egg in. Smoosh the dough around the Egg – remember that the dough will spread and flatten as it bakes.
- Bake the Cream Egg Cookie Cups as per the sugar cookie recipe or package directions.
- While the Cream Egg Cookie Cups are cooling, whisk together 1/2 cup of icing sugar along with a couple of teaspoons of milk to make a syrup-like drizzle – these will give the cookie cups that hint of frosting we all love on sugar cookies.
- Decorate the cookie cups with the drizzle and festive sprinkles, and serve!
If you’re planning out your Easter desserts, be sure to check out my Mini Egg Sugar Cookies and Cream Egg Cake!
Bake up your version of the cookie cups with these Amazon affiliate links gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans – Bakeware Set
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Black
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great delicious dessert ideas kids will love.
- White Chocolate and Sprinkles Mousse
- Cookies & Creme Cookie Butter Balls
- Naturally Colored Red Velvet Cupcakes