The magic of Christmas is in the air at our house. Our decorations have made their debut, we’ve been baking up a storm and Sam is ready to welcome Santa.
There has been Christmas music playing, Christmas movies on the TV and lots of hot cocoa already. Did I mention baking already?
For another great recipe, try our cinnamon roll monkey bread.
Truly one of my favorite parts of the holidays is baking with Sam (This monkey bread is also a favorite). He has always loved to help me in the kitchen ever since he was very little. Now that he’s older, we are able to have some great conversations while we work together. There is something so calming and enjoyable about an afternoon in the kitchen creating something delicious to enjoy with those that you love.
And it’s never better than at the holidays. There are certain recipes that I create each year that are special, just for that time of year. Those honoured traditions are precious to my heart. And now I get to share them with Sam.
This Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding has become a favourite in our home recently. It combines some of the best flavours into one simple dish that you will want to devour. (I won’t judge you if you don’t share). Thanks to Dempster’s for partnering with us to bring you this yummy idea — it’s sure to impress your guests!
Dempster’s Honey & Oatmeal Bread is the star of this show. I love the delicious flavour of the bread and it’s perfect when paired with the other ingredients.
Dempster’s is committed to baking nutritious, great tasting, fresh grain products that are good for your family. Their wide variety of products are the perfect partners for any recipe or meal! They’re also sponsoring a $250 grocery store gift card giveaway — you can enter at the bottom of this post!
Let’s talk about this Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding, shall we? It’s ooey gooey in the very best way plus it has a streusel and a glaze. And pecans. Really. What more could you hope to consume!?
Plus, it’s easy to create — which is always a must in my busy kitchen. Simple is my friend, especially during the busy holiday season when there is so much to do plus unexpected guests to entertain.
I hope you and yours will enjoy this incredible recipe as much as we do!
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf Dempsters Honey Oat Bread cut into cubes
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
For the streusel:
- 1 cup cold butter diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. In a blender, pour the milk, half and half, vanilla, tablespoon of brown sugar and eggs. Blend on low for 10-20 seconds until everything is mixed well.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, add the cold butter, sugar, cinnamon and instant coffee. Mix the sugar and the butter with a pastry cutter until everything is combined. Cut in pecans.
- 3. Add the diced bread into a large bowl and pour the custard mixture over the top. Toss to coat the bread evenly with the custard.
- 4. Lightly butter a 9x13 baking pan and pour half the bread into the bottom. If you made the full batch of streusel, take about a third of the streusel and break up and spread over the top of the layer of bread. (If you cut the recipe in half, use one half on the first layer and the second half on the top).
- 5. Pour the remaining bread on top then top with another of streusel.
- 6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7. Preheat the oven to 400. Remove from fridge, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- 9. While the pudding is cooling, mix the glaze.
- 10. When the pudding has stopped bubbling, drizzle with glaze and serve.
use it all!