I can hardly believe that it’s December already! The countdown to Christmas is officially on. I know the coming days will fly by so I am trying to capture the magic of the season at every opportunity.
There has been a decorating extravaganza in my house. We’ve been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music each chance we get. And now the shopping and baking is in full swing, too. It’s truly the most magical time of year!
In all out Santa style, I’m making my list and checking it twice. There are times I love wandering the aisles at my Walmart… but when I’m busy, I tend to forget things. I definitely don’t want to forget any of the loved ones I’m shopping for this year!
One of my favorite things to do each year is fill the stockings. There is something so fun about getting little tidbits to tuck inside everyone’s stockings. Our family tradition is to open the stockings last, after all the gifts. I’ve received some great goodies inside my stocking over the years.
For stockings this year, I’m getting everyone a personal care item for a little bit of pampering plus making some treats to go with. Because really: what says pampering and self care better than a delicious treat!? I’m enlisting some help from Sam for our little kitchen project: Christmas Saltine Toffee. I’m going to be making extras so that Sam’s teachers at school can enjoy some as well.
For guys, I recommend the Braun Multi Grooming Kit MGK3020. It’s a 6-in-1 beard/hair trimmer that is on a special holiday rollback for only $21.97 through December. Mike has had his beard growing out at various lengths over the last year, so I know this will be a great option for him to use no matter which style he’s sporting.
For ladies, check out the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. I’m straight up obsessed with how good my face feels after using this. The rotating brushes both clean and exfoliate my face, leaving me feeling all sorts of refreshed. It’s on rollback at Walmart for just $29.97. Combine that with a $4 off brandSAVER coupon for some great savings on your shopping!
When you’re done shopping, head home to the kitchen to create some yummies… this toffee is incredible.
I can barely make enough of it to go around, it’s that popular. I think addictive could be a really accurate description.
Christmas Saltine Toffee
- Box of Saltine Crackers
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Start out by lining your baking tray with parchment because this is going to get sticky!
- Place your crackers in an even layer along the bottom of the pan. When I had a bit of a gap, I just broke a cracker in half and fit it in.
- Next, place your butter and brown sugar in a pot and heat until completely melted.
- Boil for 2-4 minutes and resist the urge to stir it – that can actually ruin your caramel.
- Immediately pour your homemade caramel over top of the crackers.
- Use an offset spatula (the kind you use for icing cakes) to spread that gooey caramel evenly across the crackers.
- Pop the tray of crackers into the oven for 5 minutes to help thicken and set the caramel.
- Carefully remove the crackers after 5 minutes and place on a heat-proof surface for the next step.
- Next, sprinkle your chocolate chips in an even layer on top of your caramelized-crackers.
- Pop the tray back in the oven to help the chocolate chips melt a bit.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the tray and immediately spread the chocolate chips with the offset spatula. The chocolate chips may not melt completely but you don’t want to risk burning the chocolate and ruining the whole pan.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay and Braun at Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.